At Skip, we don’t just help you deliver to your customers. We help you understand them better too. Here’s our quick guide to Skip’s Analytics tool with the when, what, and where your customers are ordering.
Better understanding your customer behaviour means you can be better prepared for what they want. How much staff will you need? And how much of this week’s special should you have on hand? Restaurant Analytics can help give you the inside scoop. Here’s how it works:
1. LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION
Whether you have one location or franchises around the country, you can choose how you want to view your metrics. Select a single location for data on one restaurant, or select multiple for aggregated data.
2. IT’S A DATE!
Now, you can choose the time period for which you want to view metrics. It’s totally customizable, so you can choose to view yesterday’s numbers, last week’s, or a whole month’s.
3. ENTER THE METRICS
You’re ready to view your analytics. Here you can see:
- Your gross revenue, including Food and Beverage subtotals excluding the taxes
- The number of orders received
- The average amount your customers spend per order
- The number of customers who clicked to view your restaurant menu on Skip
- Percentage of the customers who ordered an item after viewing your restaurant menu on Skip
- Item Sales, including the number of units sold and gross revenue
4. WHAT’S YOUR TYPE?
Our analytics tool makes it easy to filter your data by customer type and order type. New or returning customers? Find out who’s coming back for seconds. Delivery or pickup? Filters can help you determine what’s popular with your customers.
5. GET AN OVERVIEW
The overview tab under the Analytics Page summarizes all the key metrics for monitoring business performance. Here you can compare metrics over time and identify where the biggest opportunities lie for improvement.
6. OUR ANALYTICS ARE ONLY GETTING BETTER AND MORE HELPFUL!
We’ve added Menu Item analytics, so you can review and compare all
your items by units sold and gross revenue across custom date
ranges and multiple locations.
AND THERE’S MORE TO COME
Our analytics are only getting better and next month, we’re adding even more information including:
- Data breakdown by hour, day, week, and month
- Comparing different periods and locations. (i.e. January 2020 vs January 2021)
- Detailed context about your business including online/offline times, promotions running, and menu updates so you can understand your data better.